We provide remote learning via google classroom. All children have google accounts and are taught in school how to use google classroom, google documents, google slides and google sheets. As well as how to access remote learning using google meet.
Should school have to switch to remote learning school will communicate with parents/carers. There is an expectation that all children will access remote learning daily, just as they would attend school.
Provision is made for vulnerable children and key workers to attend school. FSM vouchers are sent to those children eligible for a benefit based free school meal.
Should children not have the necessary equipment to access remote learning, we do have a number of laptops available to loan, please contact school to discuss further.
Code of Conduct for Pupils for Online Sessions
This code of conduct outlines what we expect of pupils during online sessions.
Much of this echoes our expectations of pupils in lessons when in school and all of it is designed to help pupils gain the most benefit from online learning.
School rules will always apply: Be Respectful, Be Safe, Be kind. Teachers will be the school behaviour policy during remote learning sessions.
- I will attend every remote learning session just as I would come to school
- I will only use google classroom and my school email for the purposes of online learning and will only browse, download, upload or forward material that is related to my learning and as directed by my teachers.
- I will not use my school email to create groups, initiate calls or initiate meetings and will end sessions when the teacher tells me to do so.
- I will check my google classroom regularly, with the help of my parent or carer, to keep track of online sessions and learning.
- During live online sessions my parent/carer will be in the vicinity, either in the room or a nearby room, with the door open. My parent/carer will not join the online sessions with me.
- My work will be completed independently as I would complete it in class.
- I understand that online sessions will be recorded but that the recordings will never be made public.
- I will not take photos of my screen or record online interactions in any way.
- I will make sure that my communication in the online learning environment is always supportive of my learning and the learning and wellbeing of others.
- When taking part in an online sessions I will make sure that • my environment is quiet and free from distractions
- The background (and foreground) is appropriate (Be mindful of what is visible behind you/in front of you)
- I will be suitably fully dressed.
- I will listen at all times
- I will communicate in a courteous way at all times to both teachers and fellow pupils.
(Remember what we always say about social media, when you type something, ‘it’s always there and you can’t take it back’. So be careful of what you say and write)
Parent’s information about google classroom
The teacher will host all remote learning through google classroom. Sessions will be approximately ten minutes long with follow up work set. Y2- Y6 Children are expected to take part in full class reading, writing, maths and a topic session. Nursery/Reception/Y1 children will access small group sessions: play sessions (nursery), phonics, reading, writing, maths. Teaching sessions are for children only. They will be taught how to participate in this in school. Please do supervise your child from a distance.
Each child has a google classroom and username teachers will e-mail this to parents to support with logging in.