What is the PE and Sport Premium?
This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school
Headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
Click on the link below for more detailed information.
How does Bramley Grange Use The Funding?
Bramley Grange currently receives for the academic year 2014/2015 £9 255
The school uses the money in the following ways:
- Employing outstanding coaches from Wickersley School and Sports College to deliver high quality PE provision alongside the school’s PE leader for all KS2 children
- Professional development opportunities for all school staff
- Participation in inter and intra schools sports competitions
- The School has bought into The Wickersley Learning Community Sports partnership which involves all local schools working together to provide high-quality PE and Sports Provision in the community.
- The school has achieved School Games Silver Award.
- Increase participation in competitive sport through inter and intra-competition
- Embed KS1 scheme of work for PE
- To train young leaders to introduce playground games